Reminiscing..

Found myself today in a strange frame of mind, reminiscing about the days gone by, and the memories which seem to get hazy as more days go by..

Technology is such a brilliant and indispensable thing. Facebook messages, gtalk chats, even phone messages.. All a log of conversations you had or didn't have.. Makes the growing distance between people even more blatant..

You know, time has that painful power.. Of healing the pain, and worsening it too, all at the same time..

I find myself, time and again, missing people.. Those who are not in my life anymore.. Those who drifted apart from as we grew up..

Sometimes I wish I could go back to the days when things were different, so that I could cherish the bond we had back then even more.. So that I could show them just how much they meant to me..

Sometimes I wish I could have them now, with me, so that I could have more memories with them.. So that I would not have to rack my brain to remember what they looked like, how they spoke, how they made me feel..

But then again, isn't that the painful beauty of life? The drifting aparts and the getting togethers..

The hitchhikers that join us for the ride in the journey of life, only to get off at their destinations..

We do want them to stay on, to cover more mileage to us, to sing along with us to the songs that play on, but parting is inevitable.. And that is just what makes the journey so bittersweet..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moths to a flame

love at first sight, they say