worries

(Wales, June 2011)
Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish By its Ability To Climb A Tree, It Will Spend Its Whole Life thinking it’s stupid- Einstein


I guess, Einstein did not just figure out the complexities of science, but also that of life.
The idea he expressed through that quote is exactly what daunts me as I try and figure out life's purpose.. What if I end up someplace I do not end up appreciating..

What if I end up on a path far suited for me?
What is that one thing I know I am better than anybody else at?
Ask me this, and my mind draws a blank. I know I do have in me certain capabilities- I learn quickly, I can churn out decent pieces of work from time to time, if I like something, I can stay focused on it for a long time... I also know what I am not good at- speaking in public, having to process ideas and then forming my own opinions, framing questions from what I have learned..

But how does all this fit into the grand puzzle of my life? How does it answer the big question mark that hangs over my head?

What if a wrong answer is given, and I end up as the fish who tried to climb a tree? And worse still, what if there is no Undo button from that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moths to a flame

Dreaming about the dreaming spires

love at first sight, they say