Looking skywards

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

 I think there are just a few of us out there, or maybe I just live in a cluster of those who don't. I am talking about those who appreciate the changing façades of the sky and its many meanings and metaphors. It is not infrequent that I would be walking down the streets listlessly and look up and find my mood turning around into one of pondering. 

Over the Ganges, September 2010

I remember vividly a day gone not so long ago. I was walking down a street with two of my close friends. We were talking of mundane daily things when I suddenly looked at the horizon. The sky was a shade of pink then, with streaks of purple. I almost squealed 'Look! Isn't it beautiful..' And they looked around while asking 'Where'. On being told to look at the sky, they almost sounded disappointed with their 'Oh's. 
Birahi sky, June 2010
 I do not know what it is about the sky that draws me to it, but I cannot resist pointing my camera at it and capturing its changing hues and the unique clouds that adorn its never ending surface. What's more beautiful is the fact that no two clouds look alike..


Hoi An Sky (Vietnam) July 2010

Some one once asked me back in Vietnam what was my favourite subject for pictures, and the more I think about it, I realise it's the sky.. It fascinates me in its entirety. And draws me into it..

So indeed, Georges Rouaut almost echoes my feelings when he says- A tree against the sky possesses the same interest, the same character, the same expression as the figure of a human... or maybe it possesses more interest, character and expression to me..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moths to a flame

Dreaming about the dreaming spires

love at first sight, they say