Give me some sunshine..

Exam timetables are out. Swords have now been drawn and all everybody wants is for time to just fly by and June to come speeding. There is so much tension in the air, and several of my friends have begun their journey towards anxiety and last minute panic. No, don't be deceived by my cool demeanour and the way I am munching my apple, inside whistles are blowing and I can feel my books and notes staring at me from across the table begging to be dusted and given attention to.

But I resist, as they crooned in the movie 3 idiots, "Give me some sunshine, Give me some rain, Give me another chance, I wanna grow up once again." I convince myself one more time, just one more day and I will submerge myself in those books, and not even stop to take a gasp of air. And amidst all this debate and panic, I wonder, what is the point of it all? What is the point of all this studying and exams when all everyone wants to do is just be happy. I know, this is a thought that has streaked past every student's head. And everyone has been a student once in their lives, why didn't anyone stop this factory like process, make questions, fix date, make students sit in a hall, time them, make them sweat and fret, make them have many a sleepless nights, mark them, publish the results on a big board somewhere, make them feel guilty about not waking up an extra hour earlier, and then next batch please?

Humans are as such stubborn creatures and though they know they are tumbling down this unreturnable path of almost murderous ambitions and Midas-like fixation of money, they are not even making an attempt to turn back. How many lives have to be taken before men realise how pointless all of this is? After all, essentially what we all want is happiness and love, what's the point of wasting most part of our lives behind books we are never going to look at ever again. What's the point of it all?

[Note: This is a rather controversial topic that I could not help but ponder over, and I just wanted to let you know, I do understand the importance of exams and studies, and this is just argument for argument's sake.. :)]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moths to a flame

love at first sight, they say